Temporary residence cards bear the following codes:
- A: shall be granted to members of foreign representations and their accompanying dependents and servants.
- B1: shall be granted to foreigners working with the Supreme People?s Procuracy, the Supreme People?s Court, the ministries, the ministerial-level agencies, the agencies attached to the Government, the People?s Committees of the provinces or centrally-run cities, and the central bodies of the mass organizations.
- B2: shall be granted to foreigners working for investment projects already licensed by the competent Vietnamese State agencies.
- B3: shall be granted to foreigners working with Vietnamese enterprises.
- B4: shall be granted to foreigners on payrolls of representative offices or branches of economic, cultural or other professional organizations of foreign countries; and Vietnam-based non-governmental organizations.
- C: shall be granted to foreigners on temporary residence in Vietnam for other purposes.
(Source: Joint Circular No.04/2002/TTLT/BCA-BNG of Jan 29 2002 guiding the implementation of the Government’s decree No.21/2001/ND-CP of May 28, 2001 detailing the implementation of the Ordinance on entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam)